Start a Facebook Fundraiser for Komen Florida
Facebook recently introduced a new feature that lets you easily launch a fundraising campaign to raise money and awareness for Susan G. Komen Florida. As excited as we are? Great, here’s how you can get started:
- Visit Susan G. Komen Florida’s Facebook fundraising center
- Click Create a Fundraiser
- Fill in the fundraiser details
- Tell your story of why you are starting a fundraiser for Susan G. Komen Florida
- Pick a cover photo
- Click Create
Note: All fundraisers are public, so anyone on or off of Facebook can see them.
We know asking for money can feel daunting, but being an evangelist for Komen Florida is more than fundraising. It’s a way to stand up for Komen Florida and ask people to join the movement. Here are a few tips that will help guide your successful fundraiser launch:
- Be you – The story is the heart of a fundraiser. People connect to people, so don’t be afraid to share your compassion for a cause. Authenticity is key.
- Be specific – What is this cause? Who is the organization? Why should people care? What is the money going towards?
- Be transparent – Communicate with updates on the progress, money raised, and any incoming information from the nonprofit.
- Be proactive – Don’t just launch and leave it. Be sure to stay on top of it.
- Be creative – Feel inspired to post videos, share infographics, photos, countdowns, interviews, your ideas are endless!