PlatformQ Health and Susan G Komen® Launch Online Educational Program to Educate and Empower Patients and Clinicians
PlatformQ Health is pleased to announce a new video-based tethered educational program produced in partnership with Susan G Komen®, the world’s leading breast cancer organization, that includes both an accredited online healthcare provider activity and a dedicated patient education session.
Susan Brown, Susan G. Komen’s senior director of education and patient support noted, “We want everyone to benefit from the scientific discoveries that are improving treatment for breast cancer and have the information and support needed to face the unique challenges and concerns of living with breast cancer.” Komen works with partners to unlock the impact of recent scientific discoveries and deliver the support needed to help people with their care.
Robert Rosenbloom, CEO of PlatformQ Health is excited to share that “Together, PlatformQ Health and Komen can educate, empower and connect patients with breast cancer with the information they need to advocate for their care and simultaneously provide health care professionals reliable and up-to-date knowledge on how to best care for their patients.”
New On-Demand Program Details:
On-Demand CME Activity: Metastatic HER2-Positive Disease: Overcoming HER2 Resistance
This educational activity is now available to be watched on demand. It features experts Dr. Ann Partridge, who serves as Komen Scholar, and Dr. Adam Brufsky as they evaluate therapeutic options for the HER2 blockade in the first-line setting for HER2-positive MBC, compare and contrast safety and efficacy data in the second-line setting and beyond for HER2-positive MBC, and more! The activity is accredited for 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™.
Upon completion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Evaluate therapeutic options for the HER2 blockade in the first line setting for HER2-positive MBC
- Compare and contrast safety and efficacy data of the second line and beyond for HER2-positive MBC
- Evaluate how novel HER2-targeted treatment options with improved safety profiles can be incorporated as second-line and beyond options in the management of MBC
- Assess the therapeutic implications of ongoing clinical trials involving emerging agents for advanced HER2-positive disease
On-Demand Patient Education Session: A Woman’s Role in Her Breast Cancer Care
In this program produced in collaboration with Komen, patients, caregivers, and family members are invited to learn how breast cancer is diagnosed, why a breast cancer’s subtypes matters, treatment options, and the importance of support. Hear directly from patients with breast cancer speak about their own experiences from diagnosis to treatment!
In this on-demand educational session, the expert panel members discuss:
- How breast cancer is diagnosed, why breast cancer type matters, and how treatment decisions are made.
- The importance of a multidisciplinary breast cancer care team and questions patients should ask to learn about their specific diagnosis and treatment options.
- The importance of resources and social support to improve shared decision-making among patients with breast cancer.