Fast and Friendly Vehicle Donation Service
Donate your used car, van, truck, boat, or recreational vehicle to the South Florida Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. Donate by calling the toll free number at 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622) or you can donate on-line 24 hours a day by using the fast and easy on-line donation process.
Support the cause to end breast cancer forever by donating your car. The proceeds from the sale of the donated vehicles will help provide the necessary breast cancer services needed for the underserved men and women in our community. YOU will help make a difference in someone’s life! Did you know that 75 percent of net funds raised LOCALLY stays LOCALLY?
Komen South Florida provides funding to LOCAL non-profit healthcare organization for breast health services for the underserved men and women in Palm Beach, Martin and Okeechobee counties in Florida. The remaining 25 percent funds the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Grants Program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.
We accept ALL vehicles regardless of age or condition.
Donate your vehicle 24 hours a day using the Fast and Easy on-line process. Simply complete the on-line donation form and we will respond, normally within hours, with all the processing instructions.
Donate your car to Susan G. Komen TODAY by calling 1-855-KOMEN-CARS (1-855-566-3622)
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thurs: 8 am – 7 pm (EST)
Friday: 8 am – 5 pm (EST)
Saturday 9 am – 4 pm (EST)
Simple Steps to Donate Your Vehicle:
- You must have a valid state issued title from motor vehicles issued in the name of the donor when calling or donating on-line
- Contact us either by telephone or on-line to provide your car donation information
- Our office will assign to local towing company for pickup, towing is free to our donors
- Upon notification of pickup, we will send you an official donation receipt
- All donated vehicles to Komen are sold at auction, once sold, the IRS Form 1098c will be processed to the donor within 30 days of the sale. The IRS form 1098c is attached to the IRS form 8283 “Non Cash Charitable Contributions”
Car donations made to Komen South Florida are tax deductible. Komen South Florida has been designated by the IRS as a 501c3 charity. The best practice is to consult with a tax professional on how to maximize your tax deduction since every car donation and tax situation is unique. The IRS allows the donor to claim a minimum of $500, however, for vehicles with a gross sale price over $501, we will indicate the exact sale price of the donated car on the IRS form 1098c.
Benefits of Donating Your Car to Susan G. Komen for the Cure:
- Free towing whether the vehicle is running or not, you can donate your automobile anywhere in the United States
- Eliminate the hassle of repairing, advertising, and selling your car by letting our courteous, well trained staff handle all the details
- Qualify for an IRS tax deduction
- Importantly, by donating, you are supporting the cause to end and eliminate breast cancer forever
It is the donors’ responsibility to become familiar with the donation process prior to making a car donation. Please consult the “Donors Guide to Vehicle Donations” found in IRS Publication 4303.
Komen South Florida has partnered and entered into an agreement with Komen-cars.org, operated by the Melwood Charity Car Donation Center, a non-profit organization, to manage and operate their car donation program. Melwood, since 1963 provides job training and employment to over 2,000 individuals with disabilities.
What fees does Melwood keep?:
- Towing & Auction Fee (not to exceed $150)
- Flat Management Fee ($90)
- Maximum Total $240 regardless of the sale amount of the vehicle
For more information, please email our Affiliate Coordinator, Nichelle Rains.